Benefits of Core Aeration
- Improves air exchange between the soil and atmosphere.
- Improves fertilizer uptake and use.
- Encourages stronger turfgrass roots.
- Reduces soil compaction.
- Grasses are more tolerant of heat & drought stress.
- Thatch is more easily broken down.
Core aeration and over-seeding are typically performed simultaneously. Aeration loosens compacted soils, reduces thatch and allows water, air and fertilizer to penetrate root zones. Aerating also creates an optimal environment for over-seeding.
As part of our services for lawn maintenance in Plainville, CT, Costello Landscaping over-seeds with grass seed mixtures containing tall fescue, chewings fescue, creeping red fescue, perennial ryegrass, and Kentucky Bluegrass.
These seed blends are tailored to meet Connecticut plant zone requirements. You can expect your lawn will immediately be more drought tolerant, disease resistant, inviting, lush, vibrant, and feel fabulous underfoot.After we aerate, you’ll see soil cores on top of your lawn. These beneficial little nuggets will break down gradually within a couple weeks. This natural process energizes microorganisms that help keep thatch to a desirable level. As thatch is decomposed, more water, and nutrients are available – it’s a win, win for your lawn! That's why aeration is one of the top options for lawn maintenance Plainville, CT homeowners strongly recommend.
Benefits of Spreading Compost
- Enriches soil, helping retain moisture and suppress plant diseases and pests.
- Reduces the need for chemical fertilizers.
- Encourages the production of beneficial bacteria and fungi that break down organic matter to create humus, a rich nutrient-filled material.
- Reduces methane emissions from landfills and lowers your carbon footprint.
Applying lime to your lawn is a great way to improve the health of your grass. Lime applications correct the pH balance in soils by neutralizing the acidity and alkalinity. Adding lime to your soil has many benefits:
- pH of the soil becomes more favorable for the grass grow.
- Root growth development increases
- Helps to release trapped nutrients within the soil that feed your lawn.
Lawns that are limed are more resilient to tough environmental conditions like extreme temperatures, drought and excessive rainfall. Lime encourages thatch layers to decompose and also helps new grass seeds germinate after over-seeding. To get started with this service or for help with lawn maintenance Plainville, CT homeowners can depend on, contact us today!